9 Annoying Things That Happen When You Need To Borrow Money From Your Parents
12 April 2016, 14:12
Gotta put in work to get that money from The Bank of Mom and Dad.
It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that sometimes you have to borrow money from your parents. It's not easy and it's not fun, but it has to be done. Sometimes you just need something that is ever so slightly out of your grasp, and other times you just need to go out with the squad but pay day is ages away. You don't just come right out and ask, though. You gotta lay that ground work. Here are 9 things that happen when you need to borrow money from your parents.
1) Suddenly every joke they make is hysterical.
gif via pandawhale.com
2) And you actually start returning their phone calls.
gif via Buzzfeed
3) "Mum, do you want a cup of tea?"
gif via Cosmopolitan
4) Suddenly all your chores get done and the dog gets walked and you're home by curfew and your room is spotless.
gif via tumblr
5) "Mum have you cut your hair? You look sooo pretty."
gif via tumblr
6) You start to agree with them about literally everything for at least a week beforehand.
gif via kerjenfanfic.tumblr.com
7) And you manage to convince them that they're your best friend.
gif via E online
8) "Oh my gosh. Dinner is soo good tonight. Wow, Gordon Ramsey has competition! You're on fire. Have you ever considered opening your own restaurant? I could help you. You are so good at cooking. Wow. All my friends should be jealous their parents can't cook like this. Wow. You are great. Just, wow."
9) You:"Can I borrow £100? It's an emergency. My favourite band is playing this weekend."